Senior Frontend Engineer
United Kingdom, , LondonEngineering
At Dexory, we believe that real time data will revolutionise the logistics industry. We are building the ultimate data insights platform that provides companies with unprecedented, real time access to their operations. Our autonomous data capturing technology and insights generation capabilities help to measure, track and find goods across warehouses in real time, while building the ultimate digital twin of facilities.
Join us at a very exciting time of growth as we’re significantly ramping up all areas of the business to lead the way in logistics data globally, backed by some of Europe’s best VCs and driven by passion, curiosity and teamwork.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will play a key role in designing and building the customer- and team-facing systems that are required to support and control our robot fleet. This involves contributing to the UX and design of new and existing tools, as well as the implementation of highly interactive web apps using new and exciting technologies, including real-time video, 3D animation, and audio.
You’ll have the opportunity to work in many areas, and your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the design and implementation of user-facing and internal applications
- Helping to define and develop the tools and systems we use to build applications
- Developing interactive UI components for managing data and systems
- Building with accessibility, compatibility, and performance in mind
- Design and documentation of systems incorporating customer and team feedback
- Helping to build the front-end function and skills within the organisation
You will need:
- 4+ years of experience as a front-end engineer
- Experience using React, as our primary front-end toolset
- Experience with developing modern, accessible, and performance user interfaces for the web platform
- It would also be helpful to have:
- Experience working with Typescript
- Experience with developing complex interactive components in WebGL or three.js
- Experience with WebSockets and other methods for real-time data updates
- We are especially interested in candidates who are flexible in their approach, and willing to learn and use suitable technologies and frameworks as appropriate for specific tasks.
- You’ll work on a variety of different projects as we continue to build our platform. To give you an idea of what kind of work you’ll be doing, some recent projects our team has worked on include:
- Implementing a Typescript library providing a simple React hook-based interface to expose automatically-refreshing backend data to frontend components
- Building a React wrapper around three.js, allowing developers to dynamically populate a 3D map with objects and have them update in response to React state changes
- Designing and implementing a new UI component which allows administrators to quickly explore and download months of debugging data from robots
As a company, we’re still in the start-up phase of our life – we’re a small VC-funded team, but we have a great platform in an advanced stage of development. You’ll play a significant role in shaping the future of our products, culture, and engineering team.
We are a diverse, remote-friendly team (though we have an amazing office and workshop space in London). We have flexible working hours – as a hardware startup we have occasional important deadlines and site visits, but work-life balance is important to us, and we strive to keep disruption to a minimum.
You’ll receive a market-rate salary, stock options, and whatever equipment you need, as well as an annual training and conference budget. We use loads of open-source software, and we’d love for you to contribute to projects while you are here – and you’re welcome to take some time for personal projects too.
Dexory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.