United Kingdom, England, LondonEngineering
About the Role
At Dexory, autonomous robots are a critical part of our product offering. We design and build our robots in house and are building new purpose built spaces for assembly, testing and product demos. We now have an exciting opportunity to hire an assembly technician to join our electro mechanical team.
Your time will be split between our main location in Paddington (West London) and our test facility (Oxfordshire) as well as occasional visits to events and deployments with the team. It's therefore ideal you possess a full UK driving licence. Your role will be to build and commission subsystems and complete robot builds, enabling us all to deliver these groundbreaking technology faster and better.
Your work will be divided into three main workstreams: Building and servicing our robots, prototyping new ideas for product improvement and hands on support for the wider team on various projects. Responsibilities here will include but are not limited to the following.
- Build and prepare all robots and prototypes to given specifications
- Support the assembly process of the robots for various practices, as well as the wider business to see that targets are achieved
- Help and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience of working in a highly technical engineering function; both autonomously and as part of a team. Experienced in manual build and assembly processes of complex, high precision mechanical, and electrical systems
- Accountable for build and preparation of complete products, on time as well as respective sub-assemblies
- Interpreting and reviewing technical documents, engineering specifications, such as schematics, electrical drawings and diagrams required to complete tasks
- Familiarity with mechanical and electrical component types and classification. Reading and confirming parts list and verifying specifications. Determining availability of materials and tools.
- Experience inspecting and testing assembled units to a set specification and performing repairs. Previous experience of reliability and fault reporting
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Flexibility when working unsociable hours in support of meeting program targets
- Ability to adapt to changes in the workshop as projects and priorities change
- Excellent communication skills, be approachable & have a willingness to develop and learn
- Computer literacy, g-suite, Microsoft office etc.
- Experience in robotics/ precision manufacturing industry (including motorsport, aerospace, automotive etc)
- Precision measurement from first principles using manual measurement equipment
- CAD familiarity (SolidWorks & Fusion 360 is preferred but not essential)
- Positive can-do attitude towards work and fellow team members
- Electronic assembly work, including soldering, rework and wiring loom assembly/ debug
- Welding skills and experience.
- Experience of trimming, grinding, drilling to very high standards
Why join Dexory?
- The incredible opportunity to join an early stage company and work towards your future goals
- Attractive employee wellness benefits
- Personal development budget
- 25 holidays per year
- Flexible working, hybrid team
- Fun team events on and offsite, snacks of all kinds in the office
Dexory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. It prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.